I was tagged for the seven things meme by nonartisan
, though I think I've done it before... maybe these are the same seven things! Anyway, I'm not reposting the rules or tagging people, because like I said I think I've done it before. But go ahead and do it if you want.
1) I tend to have OTPs. That is, I like two characters together and I don't really want to see them with anyone else. I don't necessarily think those other pairings are wrong or bad, I just won't read about them. (Though if they annoy me especially sometimes I'll rant to vinnydapoo
As a corollary to this: I usually have a set pairing order that I like. That is, there's usually one character I like as seme and one as uke, and I don't really enjoy the opposite as much. This really only applies to smut, because I don't particularly want hardcore yaoi manga seme/uke dynamics 24/7, I just usually prefer seeing one character top and one bottom when it comes to sex. I'm not really about switching. Who knows why.
2) I will eat basically anything, or at least give anything a try, except shrimp. I do not like shrimp. This was a problem when I was in Japan (to the point that my friend won a bear from a UFO catcher and named it 'Ebi' because she hates me), but it's not so much here. Other foods I don't really like: squid and octopus (they're friends, not food! ;_;), mushrooms, and sometimes tomatoes. But all of those I will at least try on my own, while shrimp takes some convincing.
3) I have a Facebook account that I use almost entirely for playing Scrabble with my coworkers. The Scrabble application has been down all day and I am so sad! :( MY LIFE IS EMPTY. Even though I'm losing all my games anyway.
4) I read both yaoi and yuri, but I don't really read het. There are plenty of het couples I like, but I usually like what's presented in canon and don't feel the need to go looking for more. I could say something about how the world is heterocentric enough and I kind of like leaving it out of my fandom life, but - that's a little too political for me. :P
5) Following that, there are actually not many series where I feel like actively looking for/writing fanfiction. Like - take Naruto and Bleach. Both have large, very active fandoms. I like both, and I still follow the manga. In Naruto, there's one couple I feel fannish about - Zabuza/Haku. In Bleach, there are none. In both, there are couples and characters that I think are great, and if someone recs me a particularly good fic about them I'll totally read it. But I'm not going to go looking.
6) I loooove reading. I'm always in the middle of at least one book, and during school it's more. (Because you see, I have to read for class AND I have to read for pleasure.) Reading has never been a chore to me, and I'll read basically anything if it's not boring, though YA fantasy is a particular favorite. This is why I love libraries so much - I read at least a book a week, often more, and I don't have the kind of money it takes to buy so many books, especially when I hardly ever reread any. This is also why my only criteria for a purse or bag is that it has to be large enough to hold a book. >.>
7) I have one coworker who really irritates me, but I can't rant about her in my RL livejournal because she's on the friendslist. I can't do anything about her at work either, except be thankful that I'm leaving in three weeks. It'll be like a birthday present!